Sometimes, this is how it is for a mom.
our son is flying to the great northern regions today.
funny thing,
he was to leave at 3:30 a.m.
headed for the airport.
Guess who woke up at 3?
I've not been feeling anxious about this trip for him.
or me.
but for whatever reason
I'm awake.
Decided it could be God
reminding to pray.
okay.
"Jesus,
thank you for loving me and my family.
Your goodness knows no bounds.
Since it seems you've woken me up, I ask you to
wrap your protecting arms around our son, and his driver today.
Keep them safe, making wise choices traveling to the airport, and back for his driver.
I thank you for the invention of planes and qualified pilots.
May they use their God given talents and arrive at each destination
safely.
God, for the wonder of new places, people and experiences you've given in this life, I thank you.
Surround our son and those he's in contact with, peace, joy, and a thankful heart.
I really don't know what else to say,
except thank you for our son. He is a joy and blessing to us.
In your name,
amen."
okay,
I think I can sleep now.
good night.
I love that you pray when you think of it. I really love that you shared it with us. And I thank God for qualified pilots, too. I love 'em.
ReplyDelete