talk about being tricky on a good day!
on monday this is what my mind was saying.
I'm in a rotten mood today,
a really rotten mood today,
I'm feeling cross,
I'm feeling mean,
I'm jumpy as a jumping bean,
I have an awful attitude-
I'M IN A ROTTEN MOOD!
I'm in a rotten mood today,
a really rotten mood today,
I'm in a snit,
I'm in a stew,
there's nothing that I care to do
but sit all by myself and brood-
I'M IN A ROTTEN MOOD!
I'm in a rotten mood today,
a really rotten mood today,
you' better stay away from me,
I'm just a lump of misery,
I'm feeling absolutely rude-
I'M IN A ROTTEN MOOD!
~Jack Prelutsky, poet,
I'm feeling mean,
I'm jumpy as a jumping bean,
I have an awful attitude-
I'M IN A ROTTEN MOOD!
I'm in a rotten mood today,
a really rotten mood today,
I'm in a snit,
I'm in a stew,
there's nothing that I care to do
but sit all by myself and brood-
I'M IN A ROTTEN MOOD!
I'm in a rotten mood today,
a really rotten mood today,
you' better stay away from me,
I'm just a lump of misery,
I'm feeling absolutely rude-
I'M IN A ROTTEN MOOD!
~Jack Prelutsky, poet,
that attitude adds challenges to
having the mind of Christ.
bird told me to pray.
i had.
i even repented.
i thought of the 'count your blessings' hymn
too.
but then i got busy.
i cleaned out some messy spots in the garage.
and in the garage closet.
filled a trash can full.
and i felt better.
sometimes cleaning helps me get rid
of not only dirt, stuff, but
rotten moods.
tuesday i was out of sorts...again.
sigh.
i'm sure i did something,
but don't remember what.
wednesday was 'george washington day"
hahaha.
i was chopping down trees!
okay not trees,
back to taking out those dumb
bushes that have decided to die.
if you are a plant, shrub, etc in my yard
this year.
and if you've been sitting on the fence
about living or dying...
i'm putting you out of your misery.
whack-attack.
you are history.
no more babying around,
no more tlc.
you don't play by my rules..
off with your head.
i count 4 bushes that have left.
the irony of my no-tolerance
for dying things is quite apparent to me.
probably a result of moms death,
that i couldn't control....
so i am controlling the plants.
power!!!
hah.
still working on the daily, hourly mind of christ
thing.
(although i bet he didn't have the brain lapses my 54
year old mind does. )
i've had many opportunities to practice
christ-minded-ness.
more needy people have come to the door or
called this week.
may i be remembered for compassionate responses
to their needs.
So.....
off to the farm today for some daddy-time.
also gonna sneak a few tulip bulbs under the silk
flowers we have on mom's grave.
dad doesn't think it's a good idea.
i do.
hence the sneakiness.
thankful to report..
didn't wake with the rotten mood attitude today.
maybe this mind of Christ thing is working.
cheerio to ya.
Developing the mind of Christ, such a worthy endeavor. I'm glad you found something to do to pull you out of the grumpy mood. :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete