Sunday, July 22, 2012

i'm growing up

which is really a nice way to say
"i'm getting older."

on my desk are 2 legal things i need to deal with.
years ago, say in my 30's, i didn't have legal stuff
on my desk.
more likely it was letters, 
(remember that ancient form of communication
before computers and cell phones? )
or creative master pieces made by the
youngsters who lived with us way back when.

old. older, 
it happens.
and you know it not only by the legal stuff 
on your desk,
but by the fact you would just as soon
swim in the cool water rather than take a 
chance on hurting a body part as you go 
screaming down the water slide.
it looked like it could be fun.
brown-eyed-handsome-man said it was.
he did each slide.
and then the yellow one again
because that's his favorite color.
and then he was done.
so maybe that fun is short-lived.
:)
or maybe he began to think about getting 
older too.

another getting older possibility
is long car rides and i just don't do as well.
i mean 12 hours in the car is
5 hours too many.
and if we don't stop every few hours
i limp like an 'old' person when i get eventually get out.
i need the oil can to get the joints moving.
sigh.

lucky for me brown-eyed
man is in agreement.

old, older???


also now i'm having fun looking at 
old photos.
having fun looking at old photos???
you screech.
i know, 
but it's true.

i remember when my folks did that .
i thought it was
b o r i n g.

sigh...
sure hope growing up
doesn't mean you get b o r i n g. 


okay..  i heard that.
i am not already boring.
get that thought right out of your head.


i mean with a grandpa who once dressed like this
how could i be?








 

 
 

 

5 comments:

  1. we have OLD photos like this, too, farm boys, dressed like women....with no explanation on the back of pic....standing on the edge of plowed field in women's finery.......

    but what I find really odd it that my grandmother looked like one of those men in your picture.....I know there had to have been older women who looked fem...but they are hard to fine....but today I see pics of very old women and they all look fem.....while in Salt Lake Museum I looked at about 300 head shots of men and women and not one was smiling, all mouths were turned down...it bothered me alot to have so many grim faced folk hanging on the walls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, the picture is hilarious. I wonder why they did this? I totally get the long drive thing. You couldn't pay me to slide down a water slide. I am old, but old and out of shape. I can work on the getting in shape thing. I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. on the back my grandma has written, "Grange Play". So guessing it was some play put on by the community. Plus the names of them all. My g'pa is second from the left. I didn't have the joy of knowing him, b/c he died of appendicitis in 1941, before penicillen, and before me.

      thanks for the water slide comment... it's good to know i'm in great company.

      Delete
  3. oh momma,

    you may be getting "older" but you are verra much young at heart.
    & b/c of that you have never in your life been "boring" pfffffft!

    ReplyDelete