Wednesday, December 28, 2016

It's the little things

or one " little thing" in particular.
his name is butter - bean.
Not really, but that seems to be the name
That slips most often from my mouth.
Or the words " oh my grandson I love you".

I recently figured something out about my heart.
Or maybe I put things together
Regardless, I've been saying for the past 8 1/2 months
How I don't feel so empty now.
This precious gift has filled up the holes
In my heart.
Holes that came after the deaths of my parents.

Sometimes I would ponder on that fact.
Just what how did that work?
I feel like I still love my parents
And always will.
So how can I feel empty and sometimes alone?

Finally it dawned on me..
Now I have a person for that love to go.
A sweet dark eyed, ear to ear grinning
Little bundle of drool and baby chatter
To give my love to.
I can hug him.
I can kiss his chubby cheeks and nuzzle his neck
Until he literally gives out these cute
Deep baby giggles.

Oh my world is always good.
Blessed.
But to have this heart stealing charmer to give
Love to...
such a gift.

Thanks God for butter bean.

1 comment: