yesterday I put the leaves back in under the dining table.
All but one chick had left the nest,
It was time to make the table smaller.
As I remembered the recent meals of love and giggles
I couldn't help but travel back in my memories.
We've fed many bodies around this stately yet sturdy gift
In the 16 years we've had it.
We've eaten an assortment of good food.
Played innumerable rounds of spoons, phase 10, catch phrase, just to name a few.
We've been honored to host both sides of our family,
Our friends, our children's friends, missionaries,
and more.
Before this was our table it had lived a few years of a quiet life on the farm.
You see, it was my paternal grandmas table and she died in 1969.
From then until 2001 the table only hosted my old bachelor uncles mail on the old lace cloth.
And then it came back to life in our home.
However in its previous life it had been loved and well used by
My cousins by the dozens,
Aunts, uncles, and even grandparents sat there before
It became mine.
As I slid each leaf back into storage I couldn't help but
Think of the grandpa I never knew.
Where did he get this cherished piece?
And did he ever think that someday a great great grandson
Would dine at it too?
Five generations of family have eaten at the same table.
Seems like it was a wise investment.
Thanks grandpa.
Trik Menang Bermain Situs Judi Sabung Ayam Online Yang Jarang Diketahui Klik Di Sini
ReplyDeleteInformasi Terlengkap Mengenai Sabung Ayam
https://sateayambv.blogspot.com/2018/11/penentuan-agen-s1288-yang-butuh-jadi.html/