although I am still a momma
the momofthebride part is done.
YEAH!
but my crazy mind still has wandering thoughts
so I think I'll wander here some.
it looks the same...
because I like it.
no other reason.
today I put my application in for a part time job.
next week I'll probably hear whether or not it's mine.
I hope so...
I think. Because...
I do like my freedom to choose each days activities.
I also like a little $$$ in my pocket.
and the pocket was a smidgen thin after a year of wedding fun.
A few of the cast of characters :
me and brown-eyed-handsome-man.
We've been married for 34 years.
most of 'em happy,
give or take a few days....
weeks... or so.
lets be honest,
we are human and prone to stupid things being said and done
But...
he's a good man,
I'll keep him.
Our son is The Chemist, soon to be working off shore!
Just got a new job after being out of work for 10 months.
He lives far away.... 12 hours.
We are excited for this new adventure for him,
and thankful he's employed again.
He's a big guy, 6ft. 5.
Gonna make helicopter trips entertaining and probably inventive!
Bride, our middle child and daughter,
and RMG, our new son-in-love
have been married 2 months.
They live very far away, 23 hours,
he's working on his phd in physics,
she does home health care.
Today they left for their honeymoon in Oahu.
fyi:
I've been planning a trip over there for about 8 years.
I WILL GO. I WILL.
Youngest daughter and 3rd child is
The Teacher.She's working on her degree,
but she'll get it and be GRAND.
She's currently the only child living in the same state as us,
and only 5 hours away.
We like our empty nest.
We like our kids when they are home, too.
However, we raised them to live their own lives
and learn to be content with those choices they've made.
That can be tricky.
The being content part.
I struggle with it sometimes.
remember I am human.
Recently a sweet friend told me she appreciates my attitude of positiveness. ( hi J!)
I appreciated those words of encouragement, blessing.
I do try to live with the glass half full.
why not?
It's easier on my mental and emotional being.
No one benefits from my negativity.
I usually choose to count my blessings..
I sleep better.
How's your sleep these days?
No comments:
Post a Comment