Monday, August 8, 2011

Paint crazy

For many reasons..
I've spent many hours painting
this summer.

First was my dining room... RIGHT after the wedding.
I had good help and needed to take advantage of it 
while she was still in the state.
Besides,...we had fun.


Then, Bride had good help visiting her
so she appreciated my painting on their bathroom


Then, my hubby go to appreciate his good wife-y
and I've been helping him paint the outside of a modular building.
 Doncha love the "manicure"?

So today,...
I painted a table. 
One we got at an auction several years ago.
Originally it was black and ugly. We had it stripped.
I stained it ..... brownish. The wood isn't really pretty,
and I've endured it for several years as it was.




Today...it's wearing a new color!
 guess which one....

I really like it.
Not sure what hubby will think, or say.
He's one of those " don't paint wood" kind a guys.


So...I waited to paint it until he was out of town for the day.
Sneaky? you betcha.


He'll be fine. 
He's pretty good about letting me do what I want in our homes.


And if he's not fine?
Well ... he will be. 
He loves me. 









1 comment:

  1. Ahh!! So bummed you don't have a picture here! I was so excited to see the new table! :) I hope your hubby loves it just as much as you do!

    Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. It was one of my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete