bird and i had many things to do at the farm yesterday.
not on the list was losing glasses.
but she misplaced hers.
she back tracked all over the house.
no glasses.
they were still missing.
so i joined in the hunt.
no luck.
hmmmm... well...
we needed to get to town and decided
to look once we got back.
dad wanders in and wonders what we're looking for.
we tell him.
so he joins in the hunt!
eventually we say
" we'll look when we get back"
he said, " they'll still be missing when we get back."
he paused and went on
"i sometimes can't find my glasses....
but then i do."
us: " where?"
him: " right where i left them!"
oh he's a sassy one.
but the hunt continues.
pretty soon bird said
"there's a pair of glasses on the table
i don't know whose they are, but not mine."
the room is quiet, then dad responds
"maybe i have yours on."
he takes them off.... looks at them.
yes-sir-ree-bob!!!
pops was wearing birds glasses!!!
oh my we laughed and laughed
and giggled again all the way to town.
Oh my gosh! I loved this story! This is so funny!
ReplyDelete:) hilarious.
ReplyDeleteThat is too funny! I can imagine the smiles you and your sister will get years from now, remembering this story. :)
ReplyDeleteSo fun about your Hawaii trip! Although I admit I'm a little jealous... ;)