Sunday, June 24, 2012

talkative texans

we are peacefully swimming away the aches of
a long day of traveling.
I've talked with the little boy who's swimming too.
he tells me He is 3.
then asks. "how old are you?"
his momma quickly tells him that is not polite.
I said "I am 54 and don't mind telling you.
but some ladies don't like too"

later a young couple comes to the pool,  all smiles
asking
"how's the water?
that is the start of 30 minutes of friendly chatter.
we learn lOTS .
they are on their honeymoon, even though they got
married 2 weeks ago.
he got called out to work the day after the wedding.

truck. Broke down, waiting on a dad to bring the right part.
she,s real proud of her truck.
also that she 5 months pregnant.

they are sweet. And very friendly.
we also learned about several gadgets to confuse the police
officers when you are speeding..
 but don't use it in Oklahoma on your dash , they will take it out and
run over it.

was entertaining in many ways.
he told my brown-eyed-handsome man
"I wish my truck didn't  break down, so I could have
gone hunting"
that would be a different way to celebrate your honeymoon.

eventually we wished them well and a long and good marriage,
plus healthy baby,
and left.

it's interesting how much a stranger reveals sometimes.
we are still smiling over that encounter.

does this happen to you?

1 comment:

  1. sometimes...i usually tell them a bit about me too.

    i think it's fun, i like new stories. **grin**

    ReplyDelete