Our first fathers day with out a chance to give you a hug,
or a bag of candy or homemade goodies.
First fathers day to not sit with you in church.
Fix you lunch.
Take a picture together.
sigh....
Today I've really worked on being thankful for all
the years I got to do those things.
Thankful to have been your daughter for 57 years.
But here we are at the end of day and no matter how
thankful I am for all the good things...
I still miss you. Miss your grin,
words of fun and wisdom, and just miss you.
Brown eyed handsome man wore one of your tie clasps today.
When he mentioned it in church my eyes filled up.
When the sweet little old man sitting behind me in church
began to sing the hyms... my eyes filled up.
I think it's all those years of you filling up my heart with love,
support and life that makes my eyes fill up now too.
Finally decided to stop looking at pictures of you today
because then i missed you even more.
thanks God for my daddy.
give him a big hug from me please.
No comments:
Post a Comment