Thursday, August 18, 2011

the trophy room

Wednesdays lately have been full.
I zip off to the farm I grew up on.
 
 was a beautiful blue sky as I went down Elliots Hill

 turned the corner headed north

 almost there

arrival!

Yesterday I took my folks in to the doc.
Mom's white count was down, so she didn't get her 
chemo treatment and the thinking was maybe 
she had a sinus infection. 
Still don't know... however she's resting.

My sister and I do what we can to help our folks.
They are 82 and 79 with multiple health issues, 
but between them, so far, can still live at home.

We cook food up for the freezer and several
days worth of eating from the fridge. Dad has grown 
very weary of cooking and Mom doesn't seem 
to have the energy for it.
Fixed pork chops with rice,
meatloaf, jello. And always something sweet for Daddy.
This time cookies,
 I took over zucchini bread too.
 Plus we also fix lunch, keep the kitchen cleaned,
haul out the trash cans we fill,
help Dad with the laundry.  
He seems to like doing 
that so we try not to take over.
: )

My sister cleaned in a very rarely used room
in the old part of their home. It hadn't had a 
thorough cleaning for almost a year. 
I've vacuumed and dusted, but not
pulled the furniture out from the walls, etc.
She discovered some treasures!
more about those in a bit.

Usually after many hours of cleaning 
and what-have-you 
we reward ourselves by spending some
time here.

 sister the water-babe
 
 me living the decadent life


but not for long...
gotta finish 'the chores'
and head back to our homes and hubbys.
We did think about re-naming a room though.
During that room's life-time it has had different uses.
When the pool table was there, it was 
the "pool room."
Later became 'the tv room'
because Dad had the satellite set up there.

Not any more.
It's now a room with recliners and stuff 
that we walk through to get to the laundry area.
 At lunch we discussed possible names for it now.
Since the gun cabinet is there, Dad suggested 
the 'gun room', of course.
I giggled
then suggested the 'trophy room'.

You see those treasures
my sister discovered in there..
well..
maybe we could have mounted them 
and hung them on the wall!!!

Who wouldn't want a 
dehydrated frog
and 
snake skin on the wall?

Better than on the floor doncha think?

ps. we've yet to find the owner of his skin. 
BLEH!!! 










1 comment:

  1. i like "trophy room" i've got some deer antlers i can loan grandpa....**grin**

    ReplyDelete