finally making it to put up dads Christmas tree.
mission accomplished with the
assistance of my bright eyed great nephew
we all stopped to see momma before decorating.
she was out visiting in the halls when we got there.
i knew it was a good day then.
me, momma, sister-bird
i have done a bit of baking, mess making
things are filling up in our home
fridge is stuffed
driveway filled
a few presents by the tree
CHRISTMAS EVE:
a restful tender time spent at Mass
with my loving mom-in-love is always enjoyed.
i love the peacefulness of waiting.
breathing in the beauty of lights, trees,
expectant faces.
joining in Christmas hymns...
"oh come all ye faithful"
when i sing it i'm challenged
to be among those faithful.
faithful to the Reason for the celebration.
may He find us all kneeling here
in thankfulness
for the promise of heaven
a Joyous Christmas to you.
I love an aluminum tree with color light wheel. And, I too, strive to be faithful. I don't know why it seems more difficult at this most holy time of year. Merry Christmas.
ReplyDeleteIt all looks perfect. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for all the sweet comments you leave on my blog. They always make me smile. :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a wonderful Christmas! I love the picture of you and your sister with your mom!