Sunday, December 4, 2011

new routines

momma is learning new routines.
waiting patiently for help to get from recliner to wheel chair,
or to bed, or whatever.
"driving" down to her meals.
learning to sleep with different noises all around.


dad is learning new routines too.
he has to answer the phone at home, or not.
no one to put to bed, 
get up in the morning,
make sure she had something to eat. 
now he goes to town a few times each day.
eats lunch w/momma then goes home,
takes a nap, and back to town. 
he's also learning to let us kids do the stuff
momma did. the book keeping, etc. 


I'm learning the book keeping.
Am adjusting to not needing to be at the farm every few days or so.
Can just go see the folks at the care home. 
and I still go every few days or so. 


Momma has tried to stay in her wheel chair each morning
after breakfast and visit the other residents until lunch.
She's learned it wears her out.
Yesterday, they had lunch in her room. 
She had visited too much. 
she's learning what she has energy for. 


Phone calls to momma are tricky.
I try to keep it under 5 minutes when i call.
and i only call once a day, if i've not visited.


We are having a cold snap which helps me feel more seasonal.
I've put up our christmas tree.
It's not one we've had as our main tree before,
but hubby and I are content with it.
No lights allowed, but the reflections seem to be sufficient.
We've used the deep pink colored glass balls that came
with the tree,
and added some blue and a few green, too.
The white cotton batting sprinkled with glitter is 
just the right touch to use a tree skirt. 


This was his maternal grandparents tree.
We've  had it for over 30 years.
The sentimental tenderness of it fits our moods this year.
How fitting to use this sweet little tree, 
full of grandparent love and memories
while ours kid's grandma is longing for heaven.
It fits.
Feels right.




I'm ok with this routine. 


p.s. my brown-eyed-handsome-man ordered a color wheel
for this sweet little wonder. :-)

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to see the color wheel in action!

    give daddy a hug for me

    ReplyDelete