Monday, January 16, 2012

momma would bop us on the head

we viewed momma's 'shell' today.
she looks good. she does.
but let me tell you..she would 
scowl and growl at me to hear me say that.
we've heard for many years.."no open casket.
i don't want people walking up and saying..
oh doesn't she look good. she looks so natural."

we are honoring mom's wishes and viewing is for
family only. but i had to tease my brown eyed handsome man
today when he said "she looks good.!" 

oh my momma...such a character.

so by the grace of Jesus and your loving words 
and prayers...we are holding up. 
for me, the night times seem the hardest.
saturday night when i got back to the farm
i looked at those gorgeous stars and hollared
"goodnight momma!" 
and then i sobbed. tears of healing.

many people have said to me " i know i shouldn't cry."
or "i told her i wouldn't cry, and i am."
my response.." the tears are honoring my momma.
they honor the life she lived. they are tears of value.
it's okay, it's good. " 

and it is. 
one more day to 'get things done'.
on wednesday we let the earth have momma's shell.

shell you might ask. why do i call her body a shell?
because that's what it is. its just the shell that housed
the spirit and essence of my momma. 
i think of it kind of like a turtle.
when i left the care home on saturday evening, 
i leaned over saying " goodbye momma's shell."
and gave it a kiss.

i like to think of her in heaven
praising God, rocking the babies, 
seeing her family and having a grand time.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. I'm so happy your mama is with Jesus and free from all the pain and trouble in this world. I wish I could be a real life hug for you at this hard time in your life. You are so brave to have shared this personal time. Bless you and God give you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. Cry when you need to. Death is an enemy. I've had similar conversations with family members about open viewings. I like the respectful way you handled your mother's wishes.

    Rejoicing that your mom saw the sunrise with Jesus. Beautiful picture. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Nancy. I sat in my mom's living room, in my dads chair, cup of tea in hand watching the sunrise from earth. it felt good to know she was in such grand company,...Jesus.

      Delete
  3. It is ok to cry. Having a daughter that speaks so highly of her momma speaks volumes. I cried for her too. I will meet her in Heaven one day,. I hope she gives my babies a hug for me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. fyi, you will love my mom when you meet her!! And I know with out a doubt she is loving on your babies every chance she gets.

    ReplyDelete